Mar 18, 2010

Kitchen Fun - and a Recipe!!

I GOT MY BLENDER BLADE BACK!

I was without my blender blade for a couple of weeks waiting for a super sharp replacement... so TODAY WAS BLISS getting back into it all and going BONKAS with fantabulous concoctions! I sometimes feel like a good witch in my kitchen with all my bowls, mixes, measurements and creations!

I couldn't contain myself there were so many favourites I wanted to make and so many new recipes!! I'm at college all weekend for an intensive so I also used the time to prep my meals to take along with me.

The sun was shining, Lady Gaga videos were blaring from my laptop (Lisa went last night and got some AMAZING footage) and I had a bunch of new ingredients to play with!!

First up, I made a quick batch of Co's Super Super Balls. So rich and chocolatey - hard to stop at one "taste test".

Then with my soaked sesame seeds whipped up some sesame seed milk.

Next up I made a BIG GREEN SALAD for my lunch tomorrow with carrot, cherry tomatoes, and spicy radish slices which is waiting til morning to be "dressed".

I threw loads of spinach, celery and 2 oranges into the blender for my green smoothie for tomorrow...

I then made moroccan-style tasty raw carrot soup for Saturday's lunch...

RAW POLENTA for Sunday's lunch...

Then I made another batch of treats I like to call POWER BALLS.

Here's the secret recipe;

1 1/4 cups almonds (soaked and rehydrated if you can)
8-10 medjool dates (soaked to soften)
1/3 shredded coconut
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 pumpkin seeds
1/4 carob powder (or cacao but carob is SO much tastier int his recipe)
1 tbsp dark agave (or 2 tbsp honey, rice syrup..)
2 heaped tbsp tahini
1/4 - 1/2 cup water (or juice if you want it sweeter or a different flavour, but make it proper juice please - no sugar packed artificial crap)


Place almonds in a big food processor and WHIZ it up til roughly ground.


Add the dates, coconut, seeds, and carob, WHIZZING again til combined.


Add the agave and tahini, WHIZ again.


Then slowly pour the water in whilst the mix is still WHIZZING until it forms a sticky, ooey, gooey, yummy ball.


Then get spoonfulls and roll them into balls, rolling in extra coconut (or something else if you prefer) and let them firm up in the fridge... unless you're like me and cant wait, eat one (or two) and firm up the rest ;)





They'll keep in the fridge for at least a month in a sealed container - longer in the freezer - if they last that long at all!

4 comments:

  1. Power balls...OMG great work! Love them!

    Thanks for coming out of the shadows and dropping me a comment!
    your blog is super cool, love the colors, love your sense of style AND love what total hottie you ARE :)

    Stay in touch girl and thanks for the props re my blog and how i pack alot in...i do, sometimes i worry it overwhelms ppl, but oh well, im busy what can i say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie you are such an inspiration! I really want to put more time and energy into preparing good food for myself and I'm always so excited to see and hear what you've been up to.
    And thanks for sharing another recipe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Averie - thanks for ur comment... love the busy-ness! :)

    Kara - more recipes to come! Step by step you're doing more than you realise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christie your brillant, I love your energy keep it up cause I'm inspired watching thanks
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete